Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The use of particular activities as an aid to recuperation from physical or mental illness.
- ‘Physical and occupational therapy should be initiated to reduce long-term disability from scarring and contractures.’
- ‘Other disciplines moving in the same direction are physical therapy, occupational therapy, optometry, and audiology.’
- ‘Physical therapy and occupational therapy programs and protocols have been developed for virtually all sports medicine injuries.’
- ‘Speech, physical, or occupational therapy may be necessary in these cases.’
- ‘A parish nurse is not a therapist, and will not do physical therapy, occupational therapy, or psychotherapy.’
- ‘The precise indications for referral to occupational therapy in patients with osteoarthritis remain to be delineated.’
- ‘According to Stuart, hand therapy - physiotherapy and occupational therapy - is an integral part of rehabilitation.’
- ‘In some instances, your doctor may order physical or occupational therapy to help enhance your recovery.’
- ‘Physical and occupational therapy may help maintain flexibility, and speech therapy can help address slurring and other speech problems.’
- ‘In addition, it trains paramedical workers in occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to broaden its outreach.’
- ‘Treatments such as physical and occupational therapy often are effective in managing the signs and symptoms of CMT.’
- ‘Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.’
- ‘Speech therapy and occupational therapy can help as well.’
- ‘It may be beneficial to the patient to take pain medication prior to physical and occupational therapy.’
- ‘By rehab, I assume what is meant is the usual types of rehabilitation therapy such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘Patients with specific physical disabilities may benefit from physical and occupational therapy.’
- ‘At 3 months we repeated physiotherapy and occupational therapy assessments and cardiovascular tests if they were abnormal.’
- ‘The facility also offers primary schooling, occupational therapy and speech therapy on both an in-patient and out-patient basis.’
- ‘Some allied health programs, including physical therapy and occupational therapy, now require a master's prepared entry-level.’
- ‘He is currently undergoing physiotherapy and occupational therapy at an orthopaedic hospital.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.