One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for occupancy
- ‘The occupance of flaming is attributed to the absence of cues to social hierarchical position, to the formality or informality of the communication.’
- ‘Theoretically the occupance of nightmares is not entirely surprising.’
- 1.1Geography The inhabiting and modification of an area by humans.
- ‘Like all geographic field methods, it attempts an accurate quantitative portrayal of the occupance pattern.’
- ‘By studying the sequent occupance of New Zealand, students will be able to analyze the physical landscape and the cultural landscape of the country.’
Early 19th century: from occupant + -ance.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.