One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A composite front produced by occlusion.
- ‘Many weather textbooks state that occluded fronts occur when the cold front catches up with and overtakes the warm front.’
- ‘As the cold front reaches the warm front it forms an occluded front.’
- ‘This means the warm air can be forced totally off the ground and this is called an occluded front.’
- ‘But for Sampras and some wicked occluded fronts during July, he'd have won Wimbledon five times.’
- ‘When this happens it is known as an occluded front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.