Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
At infrequent or irregular intervals; now and then.‘we met up occasionally for a drink’‘very occasionally the condition can result in death’
sometimes, from time to time, at times, every so often, on occasion, on occasions, on the odd occasion, periodically, at intervals, irregularly, sporadically, spasmodically, infrequently, intermittently, on and off, off and onever and anonView synonyms
- ‘The Plan was always to live a varied life and to write about it occasionally.’
- ‘Football is occasionally a rough sport, but politics is always a dirty undertaking.’
- ‘Once you chill out and learn to only glance occasionally at the display, it's all much better.’
- ‘I patted it occasionally, which had no impact, and left sticky residue on my palms.’
- ‘Think of me fondly while you're out there in the real world, and send me a postcard occasionally.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.