One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At infrequent or irregular intervals; now and then.‘we met up occasionally for a drink’‘very occasionally the condition can result in death’
sometimes, from time to time, now and then, every now and then, now and again, every now and again, at times, every so often, once in a while, every once in a while, on occasion, on occasions, on the odd occasion, periodically, at intervals, irregularly, sporadically, spasmodically, infrequently, intermittently, on and off, off and onView synonyms
- ‘I patted it occasionally, which had no impact, and left sticky residue on my palms.’
- ‘Once you chill out and learn to only glance occasionally at the display, it's all much better.’
- ‘Football is occasionally a rough sport, but politics is always a dirty undertaking.’
- ‘Think of me fondly while you're out there in the real world, and send me a postcard occasionally.’
- ‘The Plan was always to live a varied life and to write about it occasionally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.