One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is easily perceived or understood; clearly.‘she was obviously unwell’sentence adverb ‘obviously, everyone has to do what they think is right’
clearly, evidently, plainly, patently, visibly, discernibly, manifestly, noticeablyView synonyms
- ‘She's also dead by the start of the novel, which is obviously no more than she deserves.’
- ‘Everyone knows how special a World Cup is and it obviously means so much to this town.’
- ‘There was a big roar from behind, which obviously meant that Annika had won her match.’
- ‘Janette and Drew obviously trusted the gas supplier to keep them safe, as we all do.’
- ‘They were obviously going off duty but they stopped to help me up and investigate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.