One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large opening in the hip bone between the pubis and the ischium.
- ‘Radiography showed mature bone fragments in the obturator foramen.’
- ‘It originates at the medial surface of the pubis, covers the obturator foramen, and passes by the lesser sciatic notch.’
- ‘The obturator foramen appears to be completely enclosed, although the puboischial border is not well preserved in any of the specimens.’
- ‘The remainder of the ischium joins with the pubis to form the obturator foramen.’
- ‘The obturator internus and externus muscles can be seen arising (in part) from opposite sides of the obturator foramen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.