One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She made her way over to the counter, still staring, and then coughed obtrusively, pounding her fist on the wood for emphasis.’
- ‘Yes, I felt rather conspicuous, being, as I was, obtrusively alive.’
- ‘It was consistently and even obtrusively constructive.’
- ‘This principle implies that treatment providers do not have the right to obtrusively impose goals on their clients.’
- ‘The book's origin in undergraduate lectures is clear, but not - given the author's aims - obtrusively so.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.