Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be obtained:‘customers' financial details are easily obtainable’
available, to be had, in circulation, on the market, on offer, in season, at one's disposal, at hand, gettable, procurable, securable, acquirable, realizable, accessible, achievable, attainable, readyup for grabs, on a plate, on tap, get-at-ableView synonyms
- ‘Supporters say it is a process to maximise the value obtainable from the available resources.’
- ‘It's obtainable through most of the bookstores across the country.’
- ‘In conclusion, funding is always available and obtainable if you have the complete package necessary to develop a business.’
- ‘For example, relevant bank statements, which were either available or easily obtainable, were not presented.’
- ‘SeniorLink Units are available to buy and free units are obtainable to older people that meet the charity's criteria.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.