Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be obtained.‘customers' financial details are easily obtainable’
available, to be had, in circulation, on the market, on offer, in season, at one's disposal, at hand, gettable, procurable, securable, acquirable, realizable, accessible, achievable, attainable, readyup for grabs, on a plate, on tap, get-at-ableView synonyms
- ‘It's obtainable through most of the bookstores across the country.’
- ‘SeniorLink Units are available to buy and free units are obtainable to older people that meet the charity's criteria.’
- ‘Supporters say it is a process to maximise the value obtainable from the available resources.’
- ‘For example, relevant bank statements, which were either available or easily obtainable, were not presented.’
- ‘In conclusion, funding is always available and obtainable if you have the complete package necessary to develop a business.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.