One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Senate also demonstrated its usual level of obstructiveness by blocking zero (sometimes also described as nought, nil or none) pieces of legislation.’
- ‘To contact the Metropolitan Police is a frustrating experience of long delays, indifference, obstructiveness and even downright hostility.’
- ‘To these worries must now be added something about which nobody can do very much: the long-term obstructiveness and internal instability of Saudi Arabia.’
- ‘Experience taught them not to underestimate the obstructiveness and capriciousness of governments or the malevolence of opponents.’
- ‘But the obstructiveness of Opposition parties is no reason to prevent the bill from being taken through its remaining stages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.