One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the obstructiveness of Opposition parties is no reason to prevent the bill from being taken through its remaining stages.’
- ‘To these worries must now be added something about which nobody can do very much: the long-term obstructiveness and internal instability of Saudi Arabia.’
- ‘The Senate also demonstrated its usual level of obstructiveness by blocking zero (sometimes also described as nought, nil or none) pieces of legislation.’
- ‘Experience taught them not to underestimate the obstructiveness and capriciousness of governments or the malevolence of opponents.’
- ‘To contact the Metropolitan Police is a frustrating experience of long delays, indifference, obstructiveness and even downright hostility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.