One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘Campbell launched the first round of obstructionist lawsuits challenging the acts of the legislature in 1868, a year during which Republican officials had faced a difficult situation.’
- ‘An aggressive, obstructionist Duma (Russia's lower house of parliament) dominated by Communists blocked any attempt at reform.’
- ‘‘We would be fools if we were to try to be obstructionists,’ she said.’
- ‘We can't ask others to play by rules we write concerning the global economy, only to then be obstructionists when it comes to necessary action to protect the environment.’
- ‘They should crusade for changes in Senate procedures that would prevent an obstructionist minority from delaying action indefinitely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.