One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be noticed or perceived; discernible.‘observable differences’
noticeable, visible, perceptible, perceivable, detectable, discernible, recognizable, obvious, evident, manifest, patent, clear, distinct, plain, overt, conspicuous, palpable, distinguishable, unmistakable, unconcealed, apparentView synonyms
- ‘The photograph emerges from the world of non-fiction, it is the product and evidence of the observable world.’
- ‘Since all observable objects have some definitive shape and size then atoms do also.’
- ‘Other realms might exist beyond the edge of our observable universe, or in extra dimensions we are unable to perceive.’
- ‘In this regard, sad to say, brain events appear to be no more transparent than other observable events like reaction time.’
- ‘One feels in the presence of obvious intelligence and observable skill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.