Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be noticed or perceived; discernible.‘observable differences’
noticeable, visible, perceptible, perceivable, detectable, discernible, recognizable, obvious, evident, manifest, patent, clear, distinct, plain, overt, conspicuous, palpable, distinguishable, unmistakable, unconcealed, apparentsensibleView synonyms
- ‘Since all observable objects have some definitive shape and size then atoms do also.’
- ‘The photograph emerges from the world of non-fiction, it is the product and evidence of the observable world.’
- ‘Other realms might exist beyond the edge of our observable universe, or in extra dimensions we are unable to perceive.’
- ‘In this regard, sad to say, brain events appear to be no more transparent than other observable events like reaction time.’
- ‘One feels in the presence of obvious intelligence and observable skill.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.