One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The authentic memories are of April hatefully attacking her mother and siblings, behaving obnoxiously and threatening the peace and happiness of them all.’
- ‘The reviews have been so obnoxiously positive, that, as a writer with an outlet, I felt there was a need to offer another opinion.’
- ‘Josh is obnoxiously ambitious, but he's so plagued with chronic insecurity and low self-esteem it's virtually impossible to hate him.’
- ‘The ruling class is obnoxiously greedy, despoiling our planet and exploiting the people on it with a few bare restraints provided by popular pressure over the last century.’
- ‘Try not to get obnoxiously and tactlessly drunk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.