One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's a perverse obliviousness to the fact that we equate our national security and welfare with foreign policy that deprives others of the liberties we supposedly cherish.’
- ‘She lowered her voice as she spoke, obviously buying Mal's act of complete obliviousness, but when I kicked his foot he kicked mine straight back and squeezed my hand, and I knew he could hear her.’
- ‘Chen also takes photos of his daughter, whose sunny, carefree smile betrays a complete obliviousness to her father's mental state and underscores the artist's own dark perspective on the world.’
- ‘He has famously claimed to prefer country music over other pop genres, and numerous cultural critics have pointed out his blissful obliviousness toward the arts.’
- ‘In fact the case is a perfect illustration of an utterly commonplace phenomenon: the mainstream media's obliviousness to its own liberal bias.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.