One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The techniques of obliqueness and irony suited their purposes.’
- ‘American popular culture, whether taking the form of store window displays or movie sets, tamed the modernist arts of this period, tempering their obliqueness and irreverence with soothing symmetry and streamlining.’
- ‘The shots of his ex-lovers vanishing, coupled with the spoken admission, might imply that the obliqueness of his cinematic approach to them stems from an inability born of discomfort to confront them more directly.’
- ‘I must confess, in all my obliqueness, I did offer an opinion of sorts.’
- ‘Content feels very important to this book, yet throughout I got a sense of strong ambivalence between revealing and hiding, between directness and obliqueness, between private and public.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.