One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being objective.‘the piece lacked any objectivity’
impartiality, absence of bias, absence of prejudice, fairness, fair-mindedness, equitableness, equitability, even-handedness, justness, justice, open-mindedness, disinterest, disinterestedness, detachment, dispassion, dispassionateness, neutralityView synonyms
- ‘Impartiality and objectivity are hard to prove in such circumstances.’
- ‘Any news organisation committed to objectivity, truth and decency would sack such a journalist on the spot.’
- ‘Discarding animism is the first principle of science, which Monod calls the principle of objectivity.’
- ‘Unlike newspapers, the BBC is trusted as a paradigm of fairness and objectivity.’
- ‘Far fewer writers overtly subscribe to the position that the principle of objectivity can be put into practice than in the past.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.