Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Code produced by a compiler or assembler.
- ‘While there is a certain amount of flexibility allowed of the compiler in determining the how of object code, there is certainly no creativity involved.’
- ‘If there were more tools available to do vulnerability analysis (of source as well as object code, in multiple languages), it would be in every vendor's interest to use them.’
- ‘The programs don't have to be compiled into object code.’
- ‘The ‘algorithm’, which is the sequence of machine commands that the source code and object code represent.’
- ‘Our conclusion is that there is no way a user could effectively scrutinize the object code of an application to determine that it is ‘safe.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.