One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His obituarists were unusually free in their eulogies, commending his courtesy and gentleness, his usual mode of addressing an audience as ‘Friends’ and his unfailing kindness.’
- ‘He was an occasional obituarist for The Independent and The Guardian and a contributor to the New Dictionary of National Biography.’
- ‘Perhaps their obituarist read the poems rather than the critics.’
- ‘Most obituarists prefer the airbrush to the sharpened pen when it comes to the famous and powerful.’
- ‘We cannot control what other's write about us, and today's critic may be tomorrow's biographer and obituarist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.