Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Tending to cause obesity.‘an obesogenic environment’
- ‘I agree with Guthrie that a less obesogenic environment for children has to be created.’
- ‘This argues for the existence of a powerful set of accelerating forces in addition to the downhill obesogenic slope.’
- ‘Levelling out the obesogenic slope is fundamental to slowing down the momentum of the obesity epidemic.’
- ‘We must create a less obesogenic environment for our children.’
- ‘The combination of the described vicious cycles acting as accelerator wheels, a set of ineffective brakes, and increasingly obesogenic environments represents a major challenge for weight management.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.