Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Tending to cause obesity.‘an obesogenic environment’
- ‘The combination of the described vicious cycles acting as accelerator wheels, a set of ineffective brakes, and increasingly obesogenic environments represents a major challenge for weight management.’
- ‘We must create a less obesogenic environment for our children.’
- ‘This argues for the existence of a powerful set of accelerating forces in addition to the downhill obesogenic slope.’
- ‘Levelling out the obesogenic slope is fundamental to slowing down the momentum of the obesity epidemic.’
- ‘I agree with Guthrie that a less obesogenic environment for children has to be created.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.