One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fungal disease of oaks and other trees which makes the foliage wilt and eventually kills the tree.
The fungus is Ceratocystis fagacearum, subdivision Ascomycotina
- ‘Trees dying of oak wilt should not be used as firewood.’
- ‘The only benefit of wound dressings is to prevent introduction of pathogens in the specific cases of Dutch elm disease and oak wilt.’
- ‘When you prune your oaks can influence the spread of a disease called oak wilt.’
- ‘In central Texas, however, oak wilt is a major disease problem and some worry that it might somehow move east.’
- ‘Previous research has documented the effects of chestnut blight, Dutch elm disease, ash yellows, oak wilt, and beech bark disease on tree diameter distributions in eastern deciduous forests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.