One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fungal disease of oaks and other trees which makes the foliage wilt and eventually kills the tree.
- ‘Previous research has documented the effects of chestnut blight, Dutch elm disease, ash yellows, oak wilt, and beech bark disease on tree diameter distributions in eastern deciduous forests.’
- ‘The only benefit of wound dressings is to prevent introduction of pathogens in the specific cases of Dutch elm disease and oak wilt.’
- ‘In central Texas, however, oak wilt is a major disease problem and some worry that it might somehow move east.’
- ‘When you prune your oaks can influence the spread of a disease called oak wilt.’
- ‘Trees dying of oak wilt should not be used as firewood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.