One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A delicate fern of woods and damp places in the uplands of northern Eurasia and North America.
Genus Gymnocarpium (formerly Thelypteris), family Woodsiaceae: two species, in particular G. dryopteris
- ‘Here we have concentrated on growing ferns, ranging from the large and leathery Blechnum chilense, to the small and frothy oak fern, Gymnocarpium dryopteris.’
- ‘A delicate Oak Fern, Gymnocarpium dryopteris, graces the shady floor of a birch forest.’
- ‘Aquarius Research Natural Area is particularly rich in ferns, including Western polypody, spreading woodfern, oak fern, male fern, bracken fern, and sword fern.’
- ‘Northern oak fern is found on limestone and shale ledges and rock slopes across northern North America and around the world.’
- ‘As well as being a home to wildlife, it also has pockets of enchanted nightshade, yellow pimpernel and oak fern.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.