One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The minimum rate at which a signal can be sampled without introducing errors, which is twice the highest frequency present in the signal.
- ‘The Nyquist Frequency corresponds to the highest frequency at which a signal can contain energy and still be compatible with the Sampling Theorem.’
- ‘For any outline, the total power is calculated as the sum, from 1 to n, of individual harmonic powers where n is equal to the Nyquist frequency.’
- ‘This frequency limit is known as the Nyquist frequency.’
- ‘We used the Signal-RTS software to digitize the recorded calls (sampling rate: 12500 Hz for the túngara frogs, and 25000 Hz for the cricket frogs, higher than 1.5 times of the Nyquist frequency for all calls recorded).’
- ‘But the signal has to be treated with a low-pass filter not higher than half (Nyquist rate) of the sampling frequency, otherwise the reconstruction of the curve from digital data may contain artifacts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.