One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On this album, Nona's nymph-like voice is accompanied by a small number of instruments, usually a guitar.’
- ‘I was having an interesting conversation with a girl but nobody had warned me that the her nymph-like looks were complemented by the Irish surname O'Maniac.’
- ‘She'd been a tiny, exquisite, nymph-like child, and when I saw her she was a large, composed woman.’
- ‘They represent a difference of taste-the former, mature and intellectual; the latter, nymph-like and oversexed-with the common denominator good looks.’
- ‘Discovering the woman is, in fact, a nymph-like creature from a bedtime tale, Cleveland enlists the help of the building's tenants to help her get back to her fictional realm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.