One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Treatments began on 28 July, later than in the 1996 experiment because nymphal hatching was delayed (probably a result of an exceptionally cold spring).’
- ‘In insects, the general view is that juvenile hormone maintains larval and nymphal characteristics in developing insects and suppresses metamorphosis into adults.’
- ‘We counted mature fleas, flea larvae, and ticks (larval and nymphal stages combined) under a dissecting microscope.’
- ‘Historically, the dynamics of grasshopper populations, especially nymphal mortality, have largely been attributed to variations in climate.’
- ‘In September, uninfected survivors (both males and females) were all adults while collaborative females typically retained a nymphal phenotype.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.