One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Puerto Rican living in the United States, especially in New York City.
- ‘He embraced and identified what it was to be a Nuyorican, a Puerto Rican growing up in New York.’
- ‘Yunqué's novel is about a Nuyorican and her punk-rocker boyfriend, Omaha Bigelow, who finds himself without a job and, perhaps more lamentable, with a particularly embarrassing anatomical problem.’
- ‘Part New Yorker, part Puerto Rican, Nuyoricans have become an integral part of New York City culture.’
- ‘Paying attention to language helps identify a Puerto Rican in New York as a new arrival from the island rather than a Nuyorican.’
- ‘Best known as Nuyorican, New Yorkers of Puerto Rican ancestry also define themselves as AmeRican, Borinquen, Boricua, or simply Rican.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.