One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who studies or is an expert in nutrition.
- ‘Physicians treat any medical complications, and nutritionists advise on diet and eating regimens.’
- ‘There are lots of so-called ‘nutritionists’ or ‘nutritionalists’ who are more interested in making a quick buck than helping you get healthier.’
- ‘You, your physician, and your nutritionist need to work together to discuss nutrition concerns.’
- ‘So he gives me a referral form for a nutritionist, with the diagnosis being ‘Overweight’.’
- ‘They provide all of the usual doctors and physios and masseurs and nutritionists and psychologists, and all of those things.’
- ‘We asked our panel of expert nutritionists how they face everyday challenges that lead to weight gain.’
- ‘In the past, most Royal Colleges were unlikely to recognise a nutritionist as a scientist.’
- ‘It now seems that many scientists and nutritionists are suggesting that foods relatively rich in some fats are good for us, that we do need to chew the fat every so often.’
- ‘A nutritional powerhouse, kale is adored by foodies and nutritionists alike.’
- ‘A certified nutritionist has a degree from an accredited institution in nutrition.’
- ‘The benefits of eating whole grain wheat are widely acknowledged by scientists and nutritionists around the world.’
- ‘Parent groups and expert nutritionists are lobbying for the Scottish parliament to introduce the legislation immediately.’
- ‘Working with a qualified nutritionist or trainer means getting safe and scientific advice.’
- ‘So far, evidence has been largely anecdotal: many parents, teachers, nutritionists and some scientists insist there is a link.’
- ‘Regarding the workplace, it may be necessary to get a nutritionist who will look after the nutritional welfare of employees.’
- ‘A degree in theatre arts hardly qualifies me as a nutritionist or a psychologist.’
- ‘He was among a host of teachers and nutritionists participating in a meeting held recently to discuss nutritional status of school children.’
- ‘A nutritionist and a fitness expert will develop a personalised weight-loss diet plan and an exercise regimen.’
- ‘Hence it is important that the lists should be as comprehensive as possible, compiled by nutritionists on the basis of up to date nutritional science.’
- ‘Your child's nutritional needs will be evaluated by the nutritionist and medical staff frequently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.