Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The scientific study of the interaction of nutrition and genes, especially with regard to the prevention or treatment of disease.‘this new approach to diet and exercise makes use of the latest advances in the field of nutrigenomics’
- ‘Over the past ten years, countless studies have looked at nutrigenomics and the correlation between diet and genes.’
- ‘Here is a demonstration that nutrigenomics (the use of genetic information to customize diets) clearly is going to become very beneficial.’
- ‘This fast-growing field - called nutritional genomics, or nutrigenomics - is attracting serious research funding, and dieticians are predicting a ‘revolution’ in preventative health.’
- ‘These differences are at the heart of the newly emerging field of nutritional genomics, or nutrigenomics.’
- ‘Despite its sci-fi nature, plugging nutrigenomics into your training plan is fairly simple.’
Early 21st century: blend of nutrition and genomics.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.