One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Provide with nutrients; nourish.‘burrowing crabs oxygenate and nutrify the peaty substrate’
feed, provide for, sustain, maintainView synonyms
- ‘Other herbal oils may be used to either cleanse or nutrify the skin.’
- ‘The need for research leading to an effective way to nutrify a universal food vehicle with iron is obvious.’
- ‘When it dies it doesn't decompose and nutrify the soil and have other little plants and trees grow from it.’
- ‘Put it into a vessel containing some soap suds; this will nutrify the roots, and keep the flowers bright as new.’
- ‘I massaged it into her fur to nutrify her coat.’
Late 15th century: from Latin nutrire ‘nourish’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.