One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for functional food
- ‘Examples of nutraceuticals include soybeans, cranberry juice, green tea, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and wine.’
- ‘A pioneer in the nutraceutical / functional foods field is Lucille Farms, a manufacturer of Italian-style cheeses and supplier to food processors and the foodservice industry.’
- ‘Many so-called functional foods, health foods, and nutraceuticals have been entering into the mainstream US diet lately, with little or no regulation or testing.’
- ‘Soy is a key ingredient in the growing market for nutraceuticals, or foods and drinks that have added health benefits.’
- ‘Health and obesity symposiums will focus on tailoring food choices to improve health, nutraceuticals and functional foods, fats and oils, and food chemistry.’
1990s: from Latin nutrire ‘nourish’ + pharmaceutical.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.