One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tree that bears nuts, especially the hazel.
- ‘The souari nut tree, Caryocar nuciferum, is also common.’
- ‘They're mango and nut trees, so they're self-sustaining for the people that grow them - nuns that run this convent.’
- ‘Keep fruit trees and nut trees away from driveways and sidewalks.’
- ‘The hornbills successfully reared three chicks last year in the box I erected up a pecan nut tree.’
- ‘There are more than a dozen fruit and nut trees listed in the National Register of Big Trees, including five types of walnut, although this is the only one in Oregon.’
- ‘Moving on to the pecan, our last nut open for discussion, we can proudly say it is the only major nut tree that grows naturally in North America.’
- ‘When choosing a tree to bonsai, its preferable that it is a small leafed variety, such as the popular Chinese Elm or the indigenous Bladder nut tree.’
- ‘The genus is closely related to that of the Brazil nut, and the largest trees are almost as tall as the huge Brazil nut tree.’
- ‘We slipped through St Bartholomew's churchyard, snowdrops fading, the fruit and nut trees blossoming, and channelled down a track towards the River Ure.’
- ‘In cold-winter climates, now is a good time to set out cane berries, fruit and nut trees, grapes, rhubarb, roses, and strawberries.’
- ‘Frank leads me to the diverse species of fruit and nut trees he's planted between the glossy coffee bushes.’
- ‘I sit between a fig tree, two hazel nut trees and a grape vine.’
- ‘Her grandparents lived in close contact with nature, making compost, growing a huge range of leafy greens, vegetables, figs, olives, almonds, and other fruit and nut trees.’
- ‘This is a critical time to spray fruit and nut trees.’
- ‘Archie and I knew where the largest and best nut trees grew: black walnuts, hickory and sweet chestnuts.’
- ‘Fruit trees and nut trees are especially good because they will feed both wildlife and you!’
- ‘The walnut tree, like many nut trees, is long living.’
- ‘The method combines a framework of fruit and nut tree placeholders with perimeter berries and vegetables.’
- ‘Look, there's a little nut tree mixed in among the heavy forest, how strange.’
- ‘‘There are also plenty of backyard fruit and nut trees that keep them well fed,’ she said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.