Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A baked vegetarian dish made from a mixture of ground or chopped nuts, vegetables, and herbs.‘the restaurant serves daily specials like nut roast or vegetable lasagne’
- ‘Lasagne, nut roast, salad and a vast choice of puddings were on the menu, which the guests paid £8 to enjoy.’
- ‘That's not to say I'm dining solo, with a morsel of nut roast and clootie dumpling for consolation.’
- ‘He is coming later, we've got leftover nut roast and stuffing sandwiches to scoff first.’
- ‘Stereotypes of vegetarians have us all clutching a nut roast whilst peering through our wire rimmed glasses and wearing hemp.’
- ‘So, with the help of Ransford's daughter, MacSween's came up with a deft piece of Celtic fusion cooking which combined nut roast know - how and traditional haggis techniques.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.