[mass noun] A baked vegetarian dish made from a mixture of ground or chopped nuts, vegetables, and herbs:‘the restaurant serves daily specials like nut roast or vegetable lasagne’
- ‘Lasagne, nut roast, salad and a vast choice of puddings were on the menu, which the guests paid £8 to enjoy.’
- ‘Stereotypes of vegetarians have us all clutching a nut roast whilst peering through our wire rimmed glasses and wearing hemp.’
- ‘So, with the help of Ransford's daughter, MacSween's came up with a deft piece of Celtic fusion cooking which combined nut roast know - how and traditional haggis techniques.’
- ‘He is coming later, we've got leftover nut roast and stuffing sandwiches to scoff first.’
- ‘That's not to say I'm dining solo, with a morsel of nut roast and clootie dumpling for consolation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.