One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cutlet-shaped savoury cake made of chopped nuts, breadcrumbs, and other ingredients.
- ‘They spurn soya shepherd's pie and nut cutlets, preferring the more exotic polenta with wild mushrooms or Thai stir-fry.’
- ‘And the seven per cent of the population who now shun meat are about as likely to celebrate by chomping down on a nut cutlet as meat eaters are to see in National Barbecue Week by eating a raw pork chop.’
- ‘The canteen was serving Christmas dinner (nut cutlets for the veggies) but we decided to wander back into Soho and had hot baguettes in the Star Cafe.’
- ‘Gone are the days when vegetarians were limited to a choice of mushroom omelette or nut cutlet when they dined out.’
- ‘What I can applaud today's vegetarian food for is shifting the focus away from nut cutlets and lentil croquettes to contemporary, innovative dishes that everyone loves to eat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.