Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A gentle slope suitable for beginners.‘first steps for skiers on the nursery slopes’
piste, run, trackView synonyms
- ‘Alex proves to be an expert instructor, however, and before long he has me side-stepping efficiently up the side of the nursery slope, digging in the rim of my skis on the up-hill side for grip.’
- ‘The first group is waiting by the pommel bar ski lift on the nursery slope beside the Hotel du Parc.’
- ‘When the others skied down to Middle Station, I stayed on the nursery slope and spent a very happy hour skiing on my own.’
- ‘But now I'm a bit older and wiser it was daunting to even tackle the nursery slope.’
- ‘There was to have been a 45 metre-high and 180-metre-long ski slope, plus a nursery slope beside it.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.