One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school for young children, particularly those between the ages of three and five.
- ‘The groups of youths have been skateboarding around the playground, breaking a fence around the nursery school and smashing windows.’
- ‘Would fees be imposed on sixth-forms or nursery school?’
- ‘A nursery school is independent of any school for older children, although it may feed into a particular one.’
- ‘Southway Nursery School in Bedford has become the first nursery school in the county to be awarded Beacon Status.’
- ‘My nursery school teacher, Alma, took our class of three-year-olds on a trip to the fire station.’
- ‘Perhaps employers should be selecting candidates on the basis of the nursery school, rather than university, attended.’
- ‘The hall is used for the monthly meetings of a physically disabled group of people and as a nursery school five days a week.’
- ‘For this reason, he eliminated the terms nursery school, play school, and infant school.’
- ‘Mrs Ver said she was delighted the present nursery school was praised by education watchdog inspectors despite the state of the old building.’
- ‘Her daughter Lisa, 27, a nursery school teacher, has no problem with the way her mother dresses.’
- ‘Toddlers have been riding their bikes to raise money for a new roof for their nursery school, which has passed its Ofsted inspection with flying colours.’
- ‘Younger children with working parents often stay at nursery school or kindergarten until the early evening.’
- ‘She worked as a nutritionist in a nursery school, where she also coordinated a community garden and community kitchens.’
- ‘Past and present pupils and staff of a Sheffield nursery school which is due to close later this year are to hold a reunion later today.’
- ‘The nursery school at McGill did not survive beyond five years and the reasons for this were never clear.’
- ‘It was packed with vital equipment for a new nursery school, hospitals and orphanages.’
- ‘A sign language that has been specially designed for communicating with tots has come to a Swindon nursery school.’
- ‘It also has a nursery school as well as a community centre where local people can learn dressmaking, leather work and carpentry.’
- ‘This plan is for a mainstream school for 210 pupils and a nursery school.’
- ‘Zac is now basking in the pride of his mum and dad and the praise of the police and his nursery school, which gave him a special merit certificate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.