One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school class for the education of children mainly between the ages of three and five.
- ‘This is caused mainly by the distance between the reception class and the nursery class now on the other side of the main building from the rest of the school.’
- ‘Little Johnny was in his nursery class when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living.’
- ‘In Southampton there are 31 nurseries, 234 childminders, 13 crèches, 60 pre-schools and ten nursery classes in schools.’
- ‘All options for the Cowtoot Lane nursery school suggest closure and a replacement nursery class which would only cater for four-year-olds.’
- ‘‘We want parents to be more involved in what their children learn, so that the young ones are highly motivated to attend nursery classes,’ says Bakthavatchalam.’
- ‘The suite has 13 computers and the children, even those in the nursery class are learning IT skills.’
- ‘A nursery class is a preschool class attached to a school for older children.’
- ‘We currently have 206 children in main school and 51 in our nursery class.’
- ‘At the age of four, he went to a one-room nursery class attached to a private girls' school across the road from home.’
- ‘Currently, the school teaches about 143 children in reception, year one and year two classes, while another 45 children attend the school's nursery classes.’
- ‘In the meantime, children attending nursery schools in Burnley, as opposed to nursery classes or foundation stage units, fail to gain access to this valuable scheme.’
- ‘Each day would be of normal school length, unlike nursery classes, which children normally attend either in the morning or afternoon.’
- ‘As usual the caretaker had opened up the prefabricated hut they used for the nursery class.’
- ‘Then in 1970, the junior children moved to the new school at Kingsway and in 1973 a nursery class was set up.’
- ‘There would be a nursery class with a capacity of 26 full time places and St Osmund's Playgroup would continue on the site.’
- ‘A month after a damning report on Stromness Primary School, a more positive report on the school's nursery class has been published by the HM Inspectorate of Education.’
- ‘These places are for two and a half hours a day, five days a week during term time, and can be taken up at nurseries, in reception and nursery classes or playgroups.’
- ‘Greaves Park and Willow Lane nursery schools will now close and a new school for 80 children will be opened at the Willow Lane site combined with a 52-place nursery class at Bowerham County Primary.’
- ‘This move was the impetus for the establishment of nursery classes as well.’
- ‘It was the first Ofsted inspection for the nursery class that caters for children aged from 18 months to three years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.