One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spicy Vietnamese fish sauce.
- ‘This type of fish sauce can be the basis of a sauce incorporating other ingredients, for example the nuoc cham of Vietnam, made with nuoc mam, garlic, chilli, and lime juice.’
- ‘All dishes were accompanied by a tasty dipping sauce, which I'm suspecting was some sort of diluted nuoc mam (fermented fish sauce, but much nicer than you think).’
- ‘Combine the prawns with the remaining nuoc mam, garlic and pepper.’
- ‘He wants to try a sorbet made of nuoc mam, the Vietnamese fermented fish sauce that is a staple in most dishes, though not an obvious ingredient in desserts.’
- ‘A common traditional food of Vietnam is nuoc mam, a liquid sauce made from fermented fish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.