One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Computer control of machine tools, where operations are directed by numerical data.
- ‘Parts are manufactured on the same numerical control machines used to subcontract components for Airbus airliners, Falcon business jets and Eurocopters.’
- ‘Emphasis is on computer-integrated manufacturing with computer numerical control of machine tools, automation via programmable logic controllers, motion control, process control examples, and manufacturing process monitoring.’
- ‘The same model, after several post-processing steps, is used directly for computer numerical control manufacturing of frame members and for the CNC cutting of custom glass sheets.’
- ‘These allow technicians - Timken calls them shop-floor associates - to pull up the digital designs for an existing product, tweak them, and get the computer numerical control instructions into the networked machine tools.’
- ‘Kahr pistols, manufactured with computer numerical control machines, have become favorite carry guns for shooters across America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.