Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Computer control of machine tools, where operations are directed by numerical data.
- ‘The same model, after several post-processing steps, is used directly for computer numerical control manufacturing of frame members and for the CNC cutting of custom glass sheets.’
- ‘Parts are manufactured on the same numerical control machines used to subcontract components for Airbus airliners, Falcon business jets and Eurocopters.’
- ‘Kahr pistols, manufactured with computer numerical control machines, have become favorite carry guns for shooters across America.’
- ‘These allow technicians - Timken calls them shop-floor associates - to pull up the digital designs for an existing product, tweak them, and get the computer numerical control instructions into the networked machine tools.’
- ‘Emphasis is on computer-integrated manufacturing with computer numerical control of machine tools, automation via programmable logic controllers, motion control, process control examples, and manufacturing process monitoring.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.