One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A period in school set aside for developing numeracy skills, introduced as a daily requirement in English primary schools in 1999.‘some schools used the literacy and numeracy hours as an excuse to cut PE lessons’
- ‘It is hard to motivate and enthuse children when delivering literacy or numeracy hours.’
- ‘The government will be issuing guidelines for all schools to incorporate a numeracy hour into their daily routines.’
- ‘The literacy and numeracy hour was introduced in every primary school, giving young children newly-focused tuition in the basics.’
- ‘She said the introduction of the numeracy hour in schools probably meant more times tables were being taught.’
- ‘Primary schools are being given more freedom to move away from sharply defined literacy and numeracy hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.