One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of mathematics that deals with the properties and relationships of numbers, especially the positive integers.
- ‘König worked on a wide range of topics in algebra, number theory, geometry, set theory, and analysis.’
- ‘His main research topics were number theory, probability theory and mathematical statistics.’
- ‘Other topics he worked on include algebraic geometry, number theory and integral equations.’
- ‘He corresponded with Gabriel Cramer on mechanics, geometry, probability, number theory and the differential and integral calculus.’
- ‘He worked on convex functions, the Laplace transform, number theory and the mathematical theory of genetics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.