Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of mathematics that deals with the properties and relationships of numbers, especially the positive integers.
- ‘His main research topics were number theory, probability theory and mathematical statistics.’
- ‘He worked on convex functions, the Laplace transform, number theory and the mathematical theory of genetics.’
- ‘He corresponded with Gabriel Cramer on mechanics, geometry, probability, number theory and the differential and integral calculus.’
- ‘König worked on a wide range of topics in algebra, number theory, geometry, set theory, and analysis.’
- ‘Other topics he worked on include algebraic geometry, number theory and integral equations.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.