One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Occurring as nuggets.‘nuggety gold’
- 1.1 Rich in nuggets.‘nuggety gullies’
- 1.1 Rich in nuggets.
2(of a person) stocky or thickset.
- ‘It was the nuggety Troncon who spurred on his forwards, and whose probing runs around the base of the scrum, ruck and maul did so much to unsettle Scotland.’
- ‘Rightwing Chumani Booi went over for a hat-trick but it was nuggety scrumhalf Vido Nako, who triggered the first attacking move of the evening, who got the man-of-the-match nod.’
- ‘They endured some bad luck along the way - losing the toss, losing the nuggetty Khaled Mashud to an unfortunate lbw - but they lost their heads as well, and that was more unforgivable.’
- ‘The remarkable Jason Morgan, who really can play anywhere, was again influential for the Sharks along with the classy Kris Miller and the nuggety Alex Lee.’
- ‘The bad news on nuggety scrumhalf Vido Nako is he suffered a serious knee injury against the Eagles and according to Van der Merwe, could be out for as long as 10 months.’
- ‘The nuggetty, self-assured little bloke who regularly performs superhuman feats on the television screen may well be human after all.’
- ‘The Coalition soon discovered, however, that the nuggetty Texan could do more than just kill bugs.’
- ‘Scott Thompson, the nuggety, feisty onballer who ‘knows how to get it’ was lost for the season with a foot injury.’
- ‘The ball went flying skyward, our nuggetty Samoan centre, Viiga caught it and ran away and scored - we had it won.’
- ‘Alan Craig looks like a regular Scot, not the dour miserable sort, but a wee nuggety jovial lad with a philosophical bent and a twinkle in his eye.’
- ‘He has shown before he is a tough, nuggety little player.’
- ‘In recent years all that good Pattaya living has caught up with the nuggety one and he has decided that the best way to lose weight and get back in trim is to retreat to the wilds of Northern Thailand and stay off the booze.’
- ‘Hilton has always been a nuggety competitor in the tight, but this season he believes he will be able to play a far more conspicuous role in the expansive gameplan by which Dixon has set his stall.’
- ‘Perhaps the fact that voters missed the former mayor's nuggetty visage helped.’
- ‘Thistles’ only doubtful starter is Anthony Nind who is nursing a hamstring strain but the nuggetty midfielder loves clashes with Workers and will be hard to keep off the paddock.’
- ‘It was a roller coaster ride for the 26 year old Australian, who had also needed five games to subdue the nuggety Welshman, Alex Gough in a drama filled semi-final on Saturday.’
- ‘Also over a serious shoulder injury is nuggety scrumhalf Vido Nako but coach Kobus van der Merwe said he won't be rushing him.’
- ‘This is a great blend. Miller and Dallaglio can run with the ball, while Back is a nuggety scavenger who can ensure continuity and turnovers.’
- ‘The nuggety allrounder has been a thorn in the flesh of Border for a number of seasons and his inclusion will strengthen the home team's attack.’
- ‘Our captain is a nuggety, crew-cut Russian named Kalashnikov - not the sort of man you'd jokingly call ‘AK - 47 ‘- who, with a marksman's accuracy, manoeuvres our 117-metre long, ice-strengthened vessel through the bergs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.