Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A publication, entertainment, or venue featuring nude performers or models.[as modifier] ‘a nudie calendar’
- ‘The genres - exploitation, sexploitation, nudies, roughies - even spawned a few superstar directors, with recognition coming sometimes early and sometimes later (Herschel Gordon Lewis, Doris Wishman).’
- ‘Lee and the production staff take the notebook-paper nudies several steps further still by also offering non-stop peeks up dresses, at flexing crotches, at perky patooties, and so much more.’
- ‘Having ogled females in feathers, let's move on to Sisters In Leather, a black-and-white Sixties nudie which, despite its title, is not a ‘roughie’.’
- ‘Six page report from the health department stapled to the wall behind a nudie calendar: this gem was found while wasting time between takes and trying to stay away from Stinktown.’
- ‘This is the only movie I've ever seen where a guy tries to concoct some deep emotional explanation for going to a nudie bar and his wife actually buys it.’
- ‘The nudie took it one step further, making the location insignificant and the amount of body bared ample.’
- ‘Don't worry about letting him out, even if he is going to a nudie bar.’
- ‘Playboy runs nudies of Sable and the WWF sues for violating its ‘intellectual property.’’
- ‘Unfortunately, Jennifer's stunning décolletage brings her into contact with lots of brutal, mauling, emotionally unavailable men, and she ends up a suicidal fallen nudie star.’
- ‘Filled with paradoxes, each of the pieces is absurd in its own right, from Robert Therrien's vertiginous, spiralling bed to Serge Comte's Post-It note nudies to Peter Land's endlessly looping fat-man-falling-down-the-stairs video.’
- ‘In the first good thing to happen to New York City in months, nudie bars and porno theaters are - for now - totally legal.’
- ‘But it wasn't always like this, sure nudie cuties have existed since forever, but little do people know that pornographic films were only legalized in 1988, until then they were prohibited.’
- ‘If you like your nudie cuties on the silly, stupid side, Dr. Sex will definitely satisfy your need for naked nuttiness.’
- ‘Herman just so happened to be involved in a local nudie cutie camera club when he runs into the maniacal miss.’
- ‘Judge Amanda DeWees was asked to pose for a nudie calendar in a good cause, but something about the representative from ‘Cantaloupes Against Cancer’ gave her second thoughts.’
- ‘Even so, the beauty and casual vibe of the place inspired us to ask around about other nudie spots, and a woman we met in the parking lot suggested that we check out the Hale Akua Shangri-La, just past Haiku on Maui's north shore.’
- ‘We weren't really in the nudie business, although we were closer to that category than any other.’
- ‘Back in the old days of the industry, nudie calendars were staple items.’
- ‘And as if that wasn't peculiar enough, they go out of their way to offer a totally remastered nudie loop that purports to be Marilyn Monroe's first screen appearance.’
- ‘By the end, I found myself wishing that Mystery Science Theater 3000 did flicks with nudie scenes in them.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.