Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The cosmic formation of atoms more complex than the hydrogen atom.
- ‘They more or less figured out the whole story, including predictions for primordial nucleosynthesis and the cosmic microwave background.’
- ‘Before nucleosynthesis begins, protons and neutrons are continually interconverting by means of weak nuclear interactions (the nuclear interactions are described in more detail a bit later on).’
- ‘Evidence from both the cosmic microwave background and primordial nucleosynthesis gives tight bounds on how much ordinary matter there is.’
- ‘The one problem with the story of stellar nucleosynthesis as developed in the 1950s was that it could not explain where helium came from.’
- ‘Physicists call this process nucleosynthesis, and it had to occur before the structures we observed today, such as atoms and molecules, could exist.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.