One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The cosmic formation of atoms more complex than the hydrogen atom.
- ‘They more or less figured out the whole story, including predictions for primordial nucleosynthesis and the cosmic microwave background.’
- ‘Evidence from both the cosmic microwave background and primordial nucleosynthesis gives tight bounds on how much ordinary matter there is.’
- ‘The one problem with the story of stellar nucleosynthesis as developed in the 1950s was that it could not explain where helium came from.’
- ‘Physicists call this process nucleosynthesis, and it had to occur before the structures we observed today, such as atoms and molecules, could exist.’
- ‘Before nucleosynthesis begins, protons and neutrons are continually interconverting by means of weak nuclear interactions (the nuclear interactions are described in more detail a bit later on).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.