One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A structural unit of a eukaryotic chromosome, consisting of a length of DNA coiled around a core of histones.
- ‘DNA replication, like other DNA-dependent processes, must contend with the organization of DNA into nucleosomes and higher-order chromatin structures.’
- ‘Histones form the core of the nucleosome around which DNA is wrapped.’
- ‘On a molecular level, silenced chromatin consists of specialized heterochromatin proteins and of nucleosomes carrying deacetylated histones.’
- ‘The packaging of DNA with histones into nucleosomes and higher-order chromatin structures has profound effects on transcription initiation.’
- ‘Histone proteins are essential components of nucleosomes in eukaryotic chromosomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.