One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound (e.g. adenosine or cytidine) consisting of a purine or pyrimidine base linked to a sugar.
- ‘It is therefore noteworthy that nucleosides and nucleotides can generate singlet oxygen when directly excited by UV light and thus have the potential for self-sensitized oxidative degradation.’
- ‘The chemical and biological effects of UV radiation on purine and pyrimidine nucleosides and nucleotides have been the subject of many studies.’
- ‘Two of these, adenylate kinase and purine nucleoside phosphorylase, contain potential critical building blocks.’
- ‘The synthesis of nucleotides from the purine bases and purine nucleosides takes place in a series of steps known as the salvage pathways.’
- ‘In an attempt to shed light on this matter, we have studied the intrinsic fluorescence properties of the purine and pyrimidine nucleosides dA, dG, dT, and dC in organic solvents in the presence of small amounts of water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.