One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complex consisting of a nucleic acid bonded to a protein.
- ‘The biochemical composition and molecular structure of main components of the nucleoprotein complexes are currently studied in detail, whereas general principles of their supramolecular organization still remain unclear.’
- ‘A monoclonal antibody to influenza nucleoprotein was purchased from QED Biosciences (San Diego, CA).’
- ‘The other important proteins include the nucleoprotein closely associated with the helical RNA, phospho-protein P, matrix protein M, and L protein.’
- ‘In particular, work on vesicular stomatitis viruses has shown that the phosphoprotein, or P protein, interacts directly with the polymerase and nucleoproteins and plays a role in transcription and replication.’
- ‘In the present work we investigate the polyelectrolyte properties of solutions of isolated nucleosome core particles over the range of ionic conditions maintaining the stability of the nucleoprotein complexes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.