Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A complex consisting of a nucleic acid bonded to a protein.
- ‘The biochemical composition and molecular structure of main components of the nucleoprotein complexes are currently studied in detail, whereas general principles of their supramolecular organization still remain unclear.’
- ‘In particular, work on vesicular stomatitis viruses has shown that the phosphoprotein, or P protein, interacts directly with the polymerase and nucleoproteins and plays a role in transcription and replication.’
- ‘The other important proteins include the nucleoprotein closely associated with the helical RNA, phospho-protein P, matrix protein M, and L protein.’
- ‘A monoclonal antibody to influenza nucleoprotein was purchased from QED Biosciences (San Diego, CA).’
- ‘In the present work we investigate the polyelectrolyte properties of solutions of isolated nucleosome core particles over the range of ionic conditions maintaining the stability of the nucleoprotein complexes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.