One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A proton or neutron.
- ‘You'll then have to use that information to answer questions regarding the number of protons, neutrons, electrons or nucleons (particles in the nucleus) that an atom of that element contains.’
- ‘A classic series of such experiments performed at SLAC in the 1960s and 1970s was crucial in convincing researchers that they were seeing quarks inside nucleons.’
- ‘The internal structure of the nucleon is fundamental to nuclear physics.’
- ‘In this model, nuclei are pictured as loose aggregates of nucleons (protons and neutrons) each of which, according to the quark model, has three quarks locked inside it.’
- ‘An alpha particle is a heavy nucleon, which is actually the nucleus of a helium atom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.