One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Radioactive waste material, for example from the use or reprocessing of nuclear fuel.
- ‘It's time we consider new nuclear reactors which produce less nuclear waste than before, he says.’
- ‘The main problem with fission engines is the controversy over nuclear waste.’
- ‘Radioactive pollution is spread by rainfall and from nuclear waste products discharged into the sea, soil and air.’
- ‘Jack Edlow told members the transportation of nuclear waste has been going on in the world since the 1950s.’
- ‘There are much more efficient ways to kill than using radioactive nuclear waste.’
- ‘She has no objection to the process as such of discharging nuclear waste; obviously nuclear waste has to be dealt with.’
- ‘We transport nuclear waste from Lucas Heights all the way to France for reprocessing.’
- ‘Dubbed nuclear Titanics a fleet of ships carrying nuclear waste is passing Australian shores.’
- ‘Scientists are examining Humber estuary mud in the hope it could hold the key to the safe disposal of radioactive nuclear waste.’
- ‘We'll have clean power for our cars, at the price of hundreds of millions of tons of nuclear waste spread all over the country.’
- ‘It approved a plan to bury 77,000 tons of nuclear waste under the mountain.’
- ‘More seriously, will they know where we dumped all that nuclear waste?’
- ‘Greenpeace has been lobbying for ten years to have all plutonium treated as nuclear waste not as potential reactor fuel.’
- ‘When dealing with quantities of nuclear waste, it make sense to plan for the long haul.’
- ‘An internal report written by a manager at the Sellafield nuclear waste reprocessing plant was leaked this week.’
- ‘Demanding the right to continue destroying the environment is like nuclear power workers demanding the right to keep on producing nuclear waste.’
- ‘The Royal Academy of Engineering last year showed wind power to be twice as expensive as nuclear - even including the costs of nuclear waste.’
- ‘It also backed the return of reprocessed nuclear waste to Germany.’
- ‘He added the best way to begin dealing with Britain's nuclear waste was to stop production of any more, and that every community named on the list should help halt it.’
- ‘Furthermore, in the future they will have to dispose of their own spent nuclear fuel and nuclear waste.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.