One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Radioactive waste material, for example from the use or reprocessing of nuclear fuel.
- ‘Demanding the right to continue destroying the environment is like nuclear power workers demanding the right to keep on producing nuclear waste.’
- ‘We'll have clean power for our cars, at the price of hundreds of millions of tons of nuclear waste spread all over the country.’
- ‘Dubbed nuclear Titanics a fleet of ships carrying nuclear waste is passing Australian shores.’
- ‘When dealing with quantities of nuclear waste, it make sense to plan for the long haul.’
- ‘There are much more efficient ways to kill than using radioactive nuclear waste.’
- ‘Jack Edlow told members the transportation of nuclear waste has been going on in the world since the 1950s.’
- ‘Furthermore, in the future they will have to dispose of their own spent nuclear fuel and nuclear waste.’
- ‘We transport nuclear waste from Lucas Heights all the way to France for reprocessing.’
- ‘The Royal Academy of Engineering last year showed wind power to be twice as expensive as nuclear - even including the costs of nuclear waste.’
- ‘It also backed the return of reprocessed nuclear waste to Germany.’
- ‘The main problem with fission engines is the controversy over nuclear waste.’
- ‘Greenpeace has been lobbying for ten years to have all plutonium treated as nuclear waste not as potential reactor fuel.’
- ‘An internal report written by a manager at the Sellafield nuclear waste reprocessing plant was leaked this week.’
- ‘He added the best way to begin dealing with Britain's nuclear waste was to stop production of any more, and that every community named on the list should help halt it.’
- ‘More seriously, will they know where we dumped all that nuclear waste?’
- ‘Scientists are examining Humber estuary mud in the hope it could hold the key to the safe disposal of radioactive nuclear waste.’
- ‘She has no objection to the process as such of discharging nuclear waste; obviously nuclear waste has to be dealt with.’
- ‘Radioactive pollution is spread by rainfall and from nuclear waste products discharged into the sea, soil and air.’
- ‘It's time we consider new nuclear reactors which produce less nuclear waste than before, he says.’
- ‘It approved a plan to bury 77,000 tons of nuclear waste under the mountain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.