One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of exploding a nuclear weapon to assess its effectiveness.‘residents were exposed to radiation from nuclear testing’as modifier ‘a nuclear testing site’
- ‘Increased nuclear testing is a central concern for the region and the world.’
- ‘He helped to end underground nuclear testing in the state.’
- ‘He claims that underground nuclear testing does not eliminate radiation pollution.’
- ‘There is a history of nuclear testing nearby.’
- ‘The mountain rises on the western edge of the nuclear testing range.’
- ‘When I met him in 1980, he was already an expert on nuclear testing.’
- ‘We have been assured that limiting nuclear testing has reduced radioactive fallout.’
- ‘We did a lot of research into the effects of nuclear testing on humans.’
- ‘He began taking part in protests against nuclear testing.’
- ‘One and a half million people were exposed to high radiation doses during the nuclear testing programme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.