One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The exploding of a nuclear weapon to assess its effectiveness.‘the country confirmed it had successfully carried out an underground nuclear test’
- ‘He had never before expressed any opposition to nuclear tests.’
- ‘The bitter enemies have been conducting their own nuclear tests, much to the dismay of the rest of the world community.’
- ‘A horrifying number of people on the Pacific Islands where nuclear tests were conducted have suffered terribly.’
- ‘The government conducted a series of underground nuclear tests.’
- ‘He will hold a demonstration before Parliament protesting against the nuclear test.’
- ‘The administration condemned the nuclear tests.’
- ‘The 1963 Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty prohibiting atmospheric nuclear tests minimized the fallout danger.’
- ‘I now declare that we do not propose to conduct nuclear tests in the atmosphere.’
- ‘A complaint about nuclear tests in the Pacific was dismissed because there was no evidence of serious risk to life.’
- ‘This agreement will prohibit all nuclear tests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.