One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A structure designed to protect occupants from the effects of nuclear weapons.‘this 1960s Cold War nuclear shelter lies partly beneath a hill’
- ‘He had returned from the nuclear shelter that night.’
- ‘The former nuclear shelter is buried in the corner of a farmer's field.’
- ‘Built as a nuclear shelter in the Cold War, the bunker was designed to supply 30 local utilities workers with food, clean air and water for up to 60 days.’
- ‘It was Harvey who built the nuclear shelter.’
- ‘She was kept in a single narrow room, designed to be a nuclear shelter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.