One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strong attractive force between nucleons in the atomic nucleus that holds the nucleus together.
- ‘A Grand Unified Theory is the greatest goal of physics and would unify the four fundamental forces of nature; electromagnetism, the strong and weak nuclear forces and gravity.’
- ‘The nuclear force is attractive and stronger than the electrostatic force, but it has a finite range.’
- ‘This resonance was due to a delicate balance between the strong nuclear force and the repulsive electromagnetic force in samarium.’
- ‘In addition to incorporating gravity in a quantum theory, string theory also attempts to combine the four forces of nature - the strong and weak nuclear forces, electromagnetism and gravity - into one unified theory.’
- ‘Quarks are bound together by the strong nuclear force to form protons and neutrons in atomic nuclei, while the electromagnetic force holds electrons in orbits around the nucleus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.